- Reviews (0)
This training day is designed to introduce you to the principals of GPS Navigation using your Active 10/12, 20 and how you could use GPS as an aid to navigation at home or abroad.
The day will be a practical hands-on training day with the morning session mainly outdoors covering navigation on the map page using POI’s and Routes.
The afternoon session will explore and demonstrate the use of SatMap’s unique in the clouds Xpredition planning & sharing software, we will demonstrate to you how to plan a route using Xpedition software and send it to your GPS using SatSync Software.
SatMap GPS Course layout – Morning
– Introduction to GPS & how the GPS system works
– Install batteries & Maps on SD cards
– Switch on & Menus & Soft Keys
– Setup your GPS for use at home & abroad GPST worksheet provided
– Calibrate Compass
– Navigate to location by entering map co-ordinates
– Use the map page to mark location and GoTo
– Navigate Route created on the map page
– Follow a route from the routes menu
– Understand how Trails work
– The importance of Housekeeping when using Trails & Trip data.
Session 2 – Afternoon
– An introduction to Xpedition and how it works
– About Free & Premium Xpedition and what you get for your money
– Demonstration on how to connect your Active 10/12/20 to a Windows PC and access Xpedition
– Demonstration on using SatSYNC to send saved GPX to your Active 10/12/20
– Follow route sent to Active 10/12, 20
– On-going support & training using GPS Training online resource
– Final questions
How do I choose the course I am wanting to attend.
Within 24 hours we will email you the available course dates, you can see them on the GPS Training website here.
We will email you the available course dates within 24 hours of your booking this training product.